Return To Blog
Valentine's Day: How We Love to Spend It
By Home Life Concierge - February 13, 2017
Whether you celebrate Valentine's Day with the love of your life, forever friends, family or furry-loved ones, this holiday has Americans spending almost $20 billion on cards, candy, flowers and gifts.
- An estimated 1 Billion Valentine’s Day cards are sent each year with women purchasing approximately 85 percent of all valentines.
- Of the 198,000,000 roses that are produced for Valentine’s Day, men purchase 73 percent of these beautiful blossoms, mostly in the color red.
- In 2016, 19 percent of us purchased a Valentine’s Day gift for our four-legged furry friends.
- NECCO, maker of the conversation candy hearts, makes over 10 million pounds of Sweethearts each year. That’s over 5 billion little “Be Mine” candies.
- Over 58 million pounds of chocolate are purchased during Valentine’s week.
Haven’t had the time to pick-up a gift for your Valentine? This year give the gift of time with a Home Life Concierge Gift Certificate! We would be happy to customize a Gift Certificate for anyone on your Valentine’s Day list who deserves Peace of Mind and Piece of Time! Call HLC at 702-964-9800!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Home Life Concierge is a personal assistant and lifestyle management company based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Designed for everyday folks, professionals, families and seniors, we are here for you and your Life’s To-Do’s. Call HLC at 702-964-9800 for a FREE consultation. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured.